NEW! FROM JULY 2019
CLINICAL MENTORSHIP SERVICES
BACKGROUND TO THE SERVICE
For many years physiotherapists have asked whether Taryn could provide clinical mentorship in the field of pelvic floor physiotherapy. One dilemma has always been that if clients see another physiotherapist providing advice / guidance they have a tendency to want to switch physiotherapists. This always led to a moral dilemma for Taryn, as she didn't want to 'take' clients from physiotherapists she was providing mentorship to.
From July 2019 to June 2020 however, Taryn has decided to take a 1 year break from having a personal clinical caseload. Whilst many factors weighed into this decision, it is largely to assist her in managing the significant workload she will be undertaking regards to teaching and training development during that time.
Whilst this was a significant decision to make, it does allow the opportunity to now offer a greater degree of clinical mentorship and support for physiotherapists working in the field of female pelvic floor dysfunction.
1:1 Reflective Clinical Mentorship
Allows physiotherapists to book a time to review through cases over the phone / skype.
"Real-Time" Clinical Mentorship
Sometimes we have those really complex patients that you wish you could have a more senior clinical with you during the assessment.
Utilising skype / facetime* Taryn can organise to dial in at the time you see your client. She will introduce herself to the client.
GENERAL FORMAT - 1.5hrs $200
1. COMMENCEMENT OF SESSION
Session begins with physiotherapist dialling Taryn into consult once patient has arrived.
2. JOINT CONSULT COMPONENT
- 20min subjective history led either by Taryn or on-site physiotherapist
- 5min private discussion between Taryn and Physiotherapist about Assessment Plan
- 5min discussion and consent with patient about assessment plan
- 15min for Physiotherapist to assess client
- 10min private discussion for Physiotherapist to report back to Taryn and discuss treatment plan.
- 5min joint discussion with patient about assessment findings and treatment plan.
- Physiotherapist has final 10min with patient to implement treatment plan.
- 10min reflective phone call between Taryn and physiotherapist after client leaves.
*Obviously this service requires consent by the patient for Taryn to dial in and be part of the consult.
Small Group Education &
Reflective Clinical Mentorship
Face-to-Face Small group Education and Reflective Clinical Mentorship at a time convenient to you
Held in a Small Meeting Room in Miranda (NSW). These sessions can be anything from 2 - 8hours and cost $150 per hour.
With a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 physiotherapists in a group, join with some colleagues to reduce the cost per person and organise a morning, afternoon, evening or full day private learning event.