Advanced Courses (Level 3): Face-to-Face
POP / SUI
1. Antimuscarinics2. PTNS3. Botox
PF Pain Disorders -
Advanced Bowel Disorders Course
3 Day Format
This is the extended version of the 2 Day Intermediate Bowel Disorders course (see below) and is jointly run by Ms Taryn Hallam and Prof Marc Gladman (colorectal surgeon).
Day 1 & 2
- Advanced Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Assessment & Diagnosis of Colorectal and Anorectal Disorders
- Colorectal and Anorectal Surgical and Medical Management
Physiotherapy Management of Chronic Constipation and Faecal Incontinence
Adv PF: Exercise, Sport & Muscul. Dysfunction
2 Day Theory Course
Adv PF: Objective Testing Course
1 Day Theory plus VE Prac
Designed to assist physiotherapists to make their assessments of pelvic floor function more objective, reliable and valid to the goals of treatment.
Theory section will cover the research on sensitivity, specificity, Intra-rater and Inter-rater reliability as well as validity of:
1. POP-Q measures
2. PF Strength Scales (MOS, ICS scale, Brink Score)
3. Hiatus Assessments (genital and Levator Hiatus)
6. Ultrasound (TA and TP)
7. Other objective assessment options.
Intermediate Bowel Disorders Course
2 Day Format
This is a shortened version of the 3 Day Advanced Bowel Course. This is lectured by Taryn Hallam only. Physiotherapy treatment lectures are the same in both courses.